There are so many benefits from code review; lower development costs, increased code quality, quick up-skilling and on-boarding of team members. Despite these benefits many teams don’t have code review as part of their process at all. Others don’t get the gains they should from it.
This talk first outlines the business case for code review. It then explores how to make code review effective, specifically looking at:
- Expectations of what can be achieved with code review.
- What should be covered by code review (including example code)
- What should not be covered by code review
- How to write code that makes code review easy
- What makes good code review comments
- What makes good responses to code review comments
Finally to wrap up you’ll be shown how to enable a code review with Github. Spoiler alert: It can be done it under 5 mins!
So if you are on a team that isn’t using code review, or isn’t using it effectively then you should be at this talk.